Only Representative

Contact Us

Dedicated team of regulatory scientists with OR expertise

Delivering comprehensive OR services to over 140 clients.

Over 1000 chemical substances in the OR portfolio.

Only companies based in the EU or EEA can submit chemical registrations to REACH. If you are based outside this region, you need to set-up a legal entity within the EU to manage REACH registrations. The mechanism used is the Only Representative registrant or OR.

An OR is a natural person or legal entity established physically within the EEA who is appointed by a manufacturer, formulator or article producer, outside the EEA, to take on all responsibilities for complying with the legal requirements under REACH

How to establish and run an OR for REACH

If you are based outside the EEA, you will be viewed as a third country and can only register for REACH via a legal entity based within the EEA. ORs must have suitable competencies to fulfil the role, as ECHA specifies they must be ‘equipped with sufficient knowledge in the practical handling of the substances and information related to them. 

Vast experience delivering OR services for many companies and different chemicals

Covance has a proven track record of supplying OR services to non-EEA companies for many years. Our regulatory scientists have in-depth knowledge of REACH. In addition, they are highly competent in managing all the technical, scientific, legal and administrative aspects required of an OR. By partnering with us, we can manage all aspects of REACH registration for one or more chemicals.

Let's start a conversation

Contact Us