General toxicology studies explore the potential of your chemical to cause adverse health effects after single or repeated exposure, be that accidental or deliberate. The exact nature and severity of the effects depends on factors such as the mechanism causing toxicity, chemical bioavailability, the exposure route and amount of chemical a person or animal is exposed to. All these factors need to be considered when designing and performing general toxicology studies. Studies may involve acute single dose studies or repeat dose chronic and subchronic studies looking at a range of toxicity endpoints.
Extensive expertise in designing and conducting a full range of general toxicology studies to global regulatory, GLP and high animal welfare standards
Flexible facilities and capacity to meet your needs in terms of test species, routes of administration, sampling and analytics
Innovating study design and technologies to enhance study reliability, improve outcomes and increase efficiency
General toxicity testing for chemicals
General toxicity endpoints are required by all chemical regulators but you need to ensure you are performing the correct studies in an efficient and strategic manner to maximize outputs. What basic studies are required? What routes of administration are needed? What is the most appropriate test species?
What You Get
An expert team who can partner with you to deliver general toxicology study success in a timely manner
The dedicated toxicology team have extensive expertise in designing, planning and performing general toxicology studies. The team includes toxicologists, biologists, analytical chemists and animal technicians who working collaboratively to optimize study design and performance. From partnering with you strategically to design a full testing program to performing simple specialist studies, we can help you achieve your goals.
Our extensive facilities, flexible capacity and cutting-edge laboratories mean we can conduct studies and deliver high-quality results in a timely manner.
Experience with multiple animal species and modes of administration
Multiple test species are available for toxicology testing with high levels of animal welfare. As well as oral administration, we have expertise in dermal, subcutaneous, intravenous and intramuscular and inhalation test chemical delivery. Specialized routes of administration and delivery devices are created when necessary.
A comprehensive range of general toxicology studies
We have established processes in place to run a barrier of general toxicology studies for your chemical. These include standard endpoints as well as unique endpoints relevant to your chemical.
Acute Toxicity Studies
- OECD Test No. 402/OCSPP 870.1200: Acute Dermal Toxicity
- OECD Test No. 404/OCSPP 870.2500: Acute Dermal Irritation/Corrosion
- OECD Test No. 403/OCSPP 870.1300: Acute Inhalation Toxicity
- OECD Test No. 433: Acute Inhalation - Fixed Concentration Procedure
- OECD Test No. 405/OCSPP 870.2400: Acute Eye Irritation/Corrosion
- OECD Test No. 420/OCSPP 870.1100: Acute Oral Toxicity - Fixed Dose Procedure
- OECD Test No. 423/OCSPP 870.1100: Acute Oral Toxicity - Acute Toxic Class Method
- OECD Test No. 425/OCSPP 870.1100: Acute Oral Toxicity: Up-and-Down Procedure
- OECD Test No. 406/OCSPP 870.2600: Skin Sensitisation
- OECD Test No. 442A: Skin Sensitization - Local Lymph Node Assay: DA
- OECD Test No. 442B: Skin Sensitization - Local Lymph Node Assay: BrdU-ELISA
- OECD Test No. 442C: In Chemico Skin Sensitisation - Direct Peptide Reactivity Assay (DPRA)
Repeated Dose Toxicity Studies
- OECD Test No. 407/OCSPP 870.3050: Repeated Dose 28-day Oral Toxicity Study in Rodents
- OECD Test No. 408/OCSPP 870.3100: Repeated Dose 90-Day Oral Toxicity Study in Rodents
- OECD Test No. 409/OCSPP 870.3150: Repeated Dose 90-Day Oral Toxicity Study in Non-Rodents
- OECD Test No. 410/OCSPP 870.3200: Repeated Dose Dermal Toxicity: 21/28-day Study
- OECD Test No. 411/OCSPP 870.3250: Subchronic Dermal Toxicity: 90-day Study
- OECD Test No. 412: Subacute Inhalation Toxicity: 28-Day Study
- OECD Test No. 413/OCSPP 870.3465: Subchronic Inhalation Toxicity: 90-day Study
Neurotoxicity and Carcinogenicity Studies
- OECD Test No. 426: Developmental Neurotoxicity Study
- OECD Test No. 451/OCSPP 870.4200: Carcinogenicity Studies
- OECD Test No. 452/OCSPP 870.4100: Chronic Toxicity Studies
- OECD Test No. 453/OCSPP 870.4300: Combined Chronic Toxicity/Carcinogenicity Studies